Cards For Sale

Monday, January 3, 2011

Vintage Cream & Blue Thank You



Good Monday Morning Peeps!!!

Today's card share is a thank you valentine card I made with a few challenges in mind, first of all the Our Creative Corner Blog challenge this week is a thank you recipe challenge, the recipe is, blue and cream color palette and add metal and vellum to your creation. The next challenge is the Bring Back Beautiful Challenge, the beauty of vintage on the Flourishes Blog.

I started my card with a base of Marina Mist card stock. I followed that with some vellum that I embossed with my Vintage Wall Embossing folder, be careful if you do this, my vellum was kinda thin and putting it through the embossing folder made it kinda brittle and it wanted to break and crack a bit.

I stamped the little Valentine girl, yes I still haven't put that set away yet, with black stazon onto some very vanilla card stock. I colored her carefully with my aqua painter and some marina mist, real red, daffodil delight, blush blossom and crumb cake card stock. I cut her out with my oval nesties and matted her with a piece of marina mist card stock that was also cut with my nesties, the scallop oval on this layer.

I added a strip across the middle with some more very vanilla and marina mist card stock. I punched the bottom edge with my fluer-di-lis edge punch. I added some very vanilla seam binding ribbon and a little bit of silver cording. The sentiment, is stamped onto some very vanilla card stock and tucked behind the strip. I finished it with a few silver pearls.

Well, that is all from me today, thanks for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!!

Vicki

5 comments:

Lesley said...

Absolutely gorgeous as usual! I love the cream on the blue cardstock.
Happy New Year Vicki!!
Smiles,
Lesley

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Super card - I love that embossed vellum panel and your blue/cream shades are beautiful. Totally adorable image too. Terrific job on the OCC thank you challenge. We're very pleased that you could join in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner. Happy to see that you are applying for a DT slot too. Will look forward to seeing your application!

Diane Gilbert said...

This is sooooo sweet, love your embossed vellum. Great job on the challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at 'Our Creative Corner' this week.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Loving all your cards with the greeting card kids, absolutely fab!

Wendy J. said...

Vicki, this is just lovely... as all of your work is! Those greeting card kids are so cute and you do a great job at coloring them. You did a great job with the thank you recipe challenge and we're so glad you played along this week with us at Our Creative Corner! Come back soon!