Cards For Sale

Sunday, July 15, 2012

SSSC163......Heartfelt Thanks


Happy Sunday Peeps!!

 Lot's of excitement today with this challenge.....
We have new Sweet Sunday Team Members!!! 
Karen decided to add to the team and put out a DT call a few weeks back and WOW, so many fabulous entries, I am not sure how Karen made the decision but she did and we are so honored to add the following talented stampers to the team:


Along with the rest of the talented team, I am so honored to stamp along side these wonderful ladies!!

OK, on to the Sweet Sketch that Karen has for us this week:


So I am again using my favorite new stamp set, Stampin Up's "Pleasant Poppies".
I paired this set up with some Pumpkin Pie and a new in color, Summer Starfruit. I wasn't sure I would like this new in color when I first saw it but after using it a bit, it is growing on me.  :)


I stamped the poppies onto some white card stock with black stazon and colored with my ink pads and aqua brush. The base of the card is Summer Starfruit and the DSP on here is from the Patio Party paper pack. I used the new Argyle EF for the strip across the middle and matted that with some pumpkin pie card stock that was punched with the dotted ribbon border punch.
The sentiment is from the Friendly Phrases stamp set. I added some Summer Starfruit ribbon across the top and finished it with three pearls in the upper corner.

Be sure and check out what the rest of the team has made with this sweet sketch:

and this week's sweet guest stamper:

Thanks for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!

Vicki


15 comments:

Fiona Harrison said...

That is just beautiful, so soft and pretty.

Dawn Easton said...

Every time I see you use that stamp set, I think I NEED to put mine together. Today is the day! I'm going to get it inky! Yep! LOL!
Love what you've done. It's so soft and pretty!!!
I'm excited to be on a DT with you for the sketches!!!

Lynn Put said...

Vicki you always do such gorgeous work! This is so soft and pretty with the pastel yellows and touch of pumpkin! Lovely!

Tracy said...

Ohhh this is just gorgeous Vicki! I love how you used the sketch! This color combo is stunning! Looking forward to working with the amazing talent on this team!! Hugs!!

RitaR said...

Love all your creations .... your style is really appealing to me! The colors you chose for this Pleasant Poppies card are so soft and pretty. On this card I espcially love the little bit of scalloped cardstock peaking out from behind the Poppy images! Thanks for continually inspiring me!

Dena J said...

Wow! This is so lovely. Colors and those poppies are too pretty for words.

Marisa said...

Love those poppies :) Great take ont he sketch and lovign the yellow with ops of orange.

Karen Motz said...

Love the mix of these two colours Vicki!!! I think Starfruit is a winner!!

Shannon White said...

Wowie!! Soo Pretty Pretty Vicki! 8-) Love those Gorgeous Poppies and your Wonderful coloring! Super dp's and such Pretty ribbon too! just Love every Fabulous detail! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Lori said...

Oooh, this is gorgeous! Love how those colors look together. I'm so excited to be joining you on this amazing team!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

this is so beautiful

Karen Giron said...

This is such a fun summer card - I love the colors and the image is just beautiful! I love the little mini scallops too. So clever!

Dana White said...

Vicki these poppies are stunning- perfect summer colours

Teresa Zuehls said...

Oh so pretty! I love the soft color combo and the poppies are colored so pretty. TFS

Jackie Pedro said...

This is BEAUTIFUL, Vicki! So excited to be designing along side of you and the other girls!!