Cards For Sale

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches.......Happy Birthday


Happy Sunday Peeps!!!

Popping in here quickly to share a card I made using the sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches.


I decided to do another water colored BG for my card.

I started with a piece of water color paper. I taped it down to my water color board and begin to color it up
I used some Melon Mambo and Pumpkin Pie and lots of water.

I dried this piece with my heat tool and then dropped a bunch of water on the dried piece to get the splatters. I let it set for a few then used a paper towel to pick of the drops. I love this fun effect and it is so easy to achieve. 


I used the two colors to represent the two shades in the sketch.
I used my Botanical Builders dies to create my floral piece.
I used some scraps from my scrap pile for this. I used Coral, Mossy Meadow, Pumpkin Pie and white card stock
The sentiment is from the Rose Wonder set.
I added a few rhinestones around to finish it up.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Vicki


8 comments:

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the watercolor background and pretty flower.

Jen Timko said...

Oh, now Vicki.....this is extraordinary!! That background is swoon worthy!! Gorgeous take on the sketch. Glad to see you this week at FMS!

Jen Brum said...

Gorgeous card Vicki! I love that flower and the background is amazing! So beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Wendy said...

What a beauty, Vicki!! Love your watercolored background with the pretty flower! This is perfect for a summertime birthday! Hope you had a nice weekend! Love & hugs~

Nana W said...

Love the technic you used on this card!! Beautiful! Thank you!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Vicki, this is awesome, and I love how you've achieved such a wonderful watercolor background! Wow! And I love these beautiful flowers with this new die (I definitely have to get them out and play after seeing this one). Beautifully done, my friend, and what a great sketch card! Big hugs, sweet friend!

Linda Callahan said...

You make the prettiest cards! Love the background and your beautiful flower looks gorgeous with it! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Dawn Easton said...

Love this girl!!!!